Saturday, March 12, 2005

Snow People

We finally received the " big one." Well maybe that's an exaggeration. It was a nice snow. Being it 's March it will probably be the largest of the year 2005. A mild winter snow wise. Perfect for making snow people though. I found my first one leaving the Franklin County Courthouse. He resembled a school crossing guard or VDOT worker. He was crafted by some trustees from the Franklin County jail. Not much to look at but made with love. Yes criminals have feelings too. I scoured the countrysides from Burnt Chimney to Glade Hill, Goodview to Huddleston and finally back to my home turf in Moneta. Looking for the one's who brought me joy. There's something magical about the snow people. Like a butterfly they are sent by God for our enjoyment... even if it's only for a few days.
(Smith Mountain Eagle March 9, 2005)
www.smithmountaineagle.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home