Friday, February 18, 2005

Stone Mountain

January 2005 is coming to a close and the first snow of the year finally arrives at Smith Mountain Lake. It is early morning and I fire up "Bertha, " my faithful Jeep Wagoneer and together we go in search for something...not knowing what. The inner child in me wants to play. But the spirit needs something more substantial. A inspiring drive over Stone Mountain in Huddleston provided direction and much needed comfort. Not knowing the mountain I was afraid of what I might face around each bend...much like life. Nervous, yet excited . Sort of like a first date, but this date was with destiny.
My journey produced a new friend and greater respect for the beauty that surrounds us. Things we take for granted. It also produced a quick poem that was finished after a few stops to jot down lines and snap a few photos.
(click on photos to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home